Ilana turned 8, had her first friend birthday party, a Spiderwick theme with fairies and trolls and dragons, and of course, meringue mushrooms, because you HAVE to have those, right? We played "Feed the Troll," "Musical Mushrooms," "Flower pot ring toss," and "Pin the fire on the dragon," and made magic wands. It was a huge success with 16 kids running around. Ilana asked everyone to take a moment and "thank [her] mom, because without her none of this would have been possible." I love that. I am also inordinately proud of my troll, I drew him and painted him all by myself and I've never really painted anything before...I think he turned out nicely.
Ilana managing Flower Pot Ring Toss
Ilana in the troll box we used for Feed the Troll
They liked the cupcakes and mushrooms so much they were gone before I could get a good picture of them. Favorite quote from one of the kids, "I hate brown mushrooms, but I LOVE these white ones, I wish my mom would cook with them." hee hee
Baptism:
Ilana was baptized on Feb 2. She and I sang "All Creatures of our God and King", verses 1 and 3, though she mostly just sang the chorus. Justin baptized her, Dad and Jordan were witnesses, and then they confirmed her, all as part of our stake baptism day. We are proud of our amazing girl, how brilliant she is, how she loves her family and the gospel. After her interview with the bishop the Wednesday before he asked me, "Has she always been like this?" I said, "Yes," not quite sure what, exactly he meant. Then he went on to say that he has never seen such a depth of understanding about the gospel in someone so young, that she seems much older to him in her ability to express her thoughts about it.
Yep, that's my girl--always a wonder.
The pictures below are courtesy of Dad, of course.
Ilana with a friend from school, but in another ward, who was also baptized the same day--fun.
Ilana and Justin, waiting in the foyer, sweet as can be.
4 comments:
wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. And kudos on that troll, I wouldn't have let my kids help me paint it either.
Hey Julie, you can paint! I wouldn't have even attempted that. Congratulations Ilana! I'm glad you had such a wonderful special birthday (and I'm glad your mommy shared it with us on her blog).
Congratulations Ilana! You sure are a beautiful girl and it looks like you have lots of great friends. I assume you are excited to see the Spiderwick movie this week? Thanks for sharing!
You DID it!! The pictures came out great! It was so much fun being a part of this special day, starting a year of special days--Aidan in July, Kennan in August, and Courtney in September. My bags will stay packed!!
Post a Comment