
Well, it is official, I am now a free-lance outdoors columnist for the Daily Herald. I am one of 7 contributors to their new column/website (sponsored by Subaru) called Utah Adventurer (http://www.utahadventurer.com/). The official launch was today, but they are still working on the site a bit. I have four articles up: Hiking to Delicate Arch, San Rafael Swell, Winter Camping in Arches NP, and winter mountaineering up Mt. Nebo. There is video for all of them, and they'll finish linking the pictures to the stories soon. There will also be a profile of me with some pictures too (but I don't think that part is done yet). You can leave comments on each article and video, and rate them, and there is a general forum too. Kind of cool, really.
It doesn't pay a lot but the experience on a resume is awesome and it basically pays for the adventures we like to have anyway--plus, no more excuses, we HAVE to get out, it's my JOB, after all.
I'll be submitting 3-4 articles a month, ongoing. The goal is to have a site where people can go and find out what kinds of things there are to do, how to do them, and maybe get some ideas for what would suit their family, and hopefully give some inspiration: it is possible to get out and do, even with a bunch of kids in tow. Anyway, it's fun for us.
7 comments:
THIS IS SO AWESOME!! I watched all your videos this morning. It's fun to see you guys in your element, and of course your use of language is beautiful. Congrats.
AMAZING!! Dad and I loved watching little people and listening to your poetry. You go, girl!
Yeah!! I can hardly wait for the articles on them too. Too bad Arizona isn't considered part of Utah, or you could come down here for some adventures too.
Right now you can't search by author, but you can search by topic or place, i.e. San Rafael or Arches, and my articles will come up.
Julie, you and the family are amazing.
I'm glad you guys are having fun out there (since you're in one of the best palces ever for it).
Julie, I LOVE these videos! What a great excuse to get out and see all the cool Utah sights. I especially liked the delicate arch video...my friends and I decided to hike there at midnight without a flashlight during a trip to Moab. Mindless teenagers - we had no idea it was such a tough hike! You and your family are amazing. Keep it up!
Congrats Julie - we're so happy for you. Nothing is better than doing what you love for a job!
Post a Comment