So, we are sometimes lame. Concerned that Aspen might have a baby accident on the blessing dress (she was on her 3rd outfit for the day), I changed her out of it so fast that we didn't get any pictures of her in it. So, this Sunday, when we're all dressed up for church, we'll pop her in it again and take a couple pictures--trust me, she'll never know the difference. Really, considering that Grandpa Seguine was here and the camera was out, it is shocking that somehow it didn't happen. This is the only picture I took, after the excitement was over, but it is a sweet one, a little girl and her Grandpa.
We did the blessing at home and were able to be surrounded by friends and family (Mom and Dad Seguine, Jordan and Emily, and a nice selection of Winward cousins). We enjoyed it, especially being able to share with family and spend time with them.
Two days was just too short and the kids miss Gramma and Grandpa Seguine, but are excited to see them in Hawaii in July (I think we'll have to make a countdown chain this weekend or the questions will never end). They are also looking forward to visiting Grammy and Grandpa Chapman in a week in their new digs in Idaho. Forester keeps informing me (and others) that Grammy and Grandpa live in a "hota-el" (it becomes three syllables from him, the "a" being pronounced like the name of the letter itself), always uttered with excitement and a touch of incredulity.
That should catch us up. Today is Ilana's last day of school and we'll see what the summer brings...craziness and fun, I'm sure.
4 comments:
What a great time we had with everybody. Grandchildren are the best thing about growing up.
We took the picture of Eme in her dress almost 2 weeks after the blessing. She still looks great, and it was much less stressful getting her into her dress. And she has gotten SO big!!
I am anxious to see some pictures of the cutie. Ed, where are your pictures? Email us some, please!! I love this one of her with her Grandpa. She has really grown.
She is a cutie!
Post a Comment