Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Creative Writing

(No time for excuses for my long silence from the blog-world, I'll try to highlight bits later)

I couldn't help but share some of Ilana's most recent journal writing from school. Apparently they had a few prompting questions about food to answer:

"I have a craving for meatloaf. I find pizza in a city. My favorite food is meatloaf. I am getting sick of spagetty (sic). I flick off my peas. Peas have evilness inside."

What can you expect from the daughter of a woman who still asserts that melons are evil? By the way, the meatloaf to which she refers is Grammy Chapman's meatloaf; which is a wonder of goodness that puts all meatloaf jokes to shame.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

The line about the peas reminded me of your pleas to Heavenly Father to make carrots taste better! Too cute.

Gramma Seguine said...

I truly don't understand either of you! Now if it were oysters or eggplant--THAT I could understand!!

NanaBuni said...

Oysters & Eggplant are two of my favorites, not necessarily together.
RAW Oysters Only!!!!!
And Eggplant Parmagian.(SP) YUMMY.