Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Sneaky or Problem-Solving? You be the judge.


Does this look like the face of a fox?

Maybe not, but sometimes a little, umm, creative.

I asked Forester to zip upstairs and clean up his room before dinner. The floor was covered with the youthful detritus of a day of serious imaginary play. Even so, since most everything just goes in 1. The yellow toy box, 2. The bottom drawer of the dresser (for small things), or 3. The Baby Toy basket, even the biggest mess takes only a few minutes to clear up.

About 3 minutes later, Forester was back, announcing that he was all done. Three minutes seemed just a little bit too quick, so I asked, "Forester, if I go up there and look around, would I think that it was clean?"

He thought for a second and said, "Well, do you have to look under my bed?"

"Yes."

"Oh, just a second."

Another 3 minutes later and he's done--for real--I looked.

3 comments:

Jen S. said...

He looks so grown up - what a handsome boy!

Lynn said...

Under the bed used to be our favorite place too; remember when mom raked out 3 (?) black garbage bags full of our stuff? He has gotten so BIG! I look forward to seeing you in a few days.

Lynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.