Thursday, September 27, 2007

I am blessed...

...to have four amazing little people, whose wonder never fades, to call my own.
...to have a husband who encourages and supports me in striving for my dreams, and who can make me smile and breathe just by being around, or, when he's traveling, just by the thought of him.
...to not be going through the craziness of moving this year (this will make our townhome the place we've lived longer than any other since we were married--by next June it will even be longer than our time at Riverside).
...to be riding the waves of the excitement and business of school and family.
...to be studying a period of history that speaks through the dust with its own wisdom and all that came before and yet is somehow so present in our world still.
...to have learned that I love to teach (being an editor could never be so fun!).
...to have learned that even when I only have a week to prepare a 50 minute presentation on a topic I know nothing about (Medieval Geography and Topography as it relates to Eden theme) I can learn enough to do it fluently and articulately and come off like an expert.
...to have family and friends who can take my breath away with their uncanny ability to know how to love and support me and my family (if only I could do for you all what you do for me, but my love is always with you, at the very least).
...in my life and all that comes with it.

2 comments:

Gramma Seguine said...

You are a blessing to me. (Re. "turn around,...") Thank you for sharing. Your passion is showing! (And your gift of words.)

Unknown said...

Wonderful comments. Thanks for sharing.