:P
Well, almost two months since my last post, and we are, umm...collected again. So, let's run through it, and later I'll highlight what I can with a post about it and some pictures:
Hawaii for a week
French Reading for Research (class for me--really great)
Best friends moving to Utah (Kelly and Rus in June, Michele and kids in August)
Summer ending
Doctor appointments for everyone under 8 (sometimes more than one--we had 5 in two weeks)
School starting (for Ilana, two weeks later for me and the other three to daycare)
Writing my first syllabus
First week of classes--including my very own Humanities 101 to teach
Figuring out paper topics for the semester
Soccer for Ilana and Forester (they love it, but what was I thinking--did I forget that we have no time as it is?)
Oh, and at the end of the month we're moving.
Ok, so we aren't moving far, just across the street and a few doors down--same rent, bigger kid bedrooms, one more bathroom, two-car garage, and an extra living room. With four busy kids we figure more space is fantastic. So, a bit of a pain to pack up and move, but worth it.
And finally, trying to choose schools to apply to this winter for PhD work, and even then, still not sure if we'll go right away or defer a year and stay here for Justin to work a bit...
Ah, it's always so exciting. But everyone is healthy and happy and growing (yippee, Ronan is actually on the unadjusted 2-year old chart for length: 10%--but at 18 mo. he was still WAY below it), and with the first real week behind us I think we'll make it through just fine.
3 comments:
Great summary. I am glad we got to be part of it. The Ronan news is wonderful. You are doing a fine job of balancing everything.
I'm glad to see you found some time to blog. BTW, is Forrester in K this year? And are you ever going to get those names done? ;). I went to the temple on Saturday, and I am doing better.
Whew...I think I need a nap after reading that. Hang in there and continue to enjoy the craziest parts of your life!
Post a Comment